Upon completion of the ICS Annual Professional Maritime Programme the candidates have the following examination options:
The Professional Qualifying Examinations (PQE)
which consist of seven (7) modules (four (4) compulsory and three (3) optional) and lead to ICS Membership and full qualification.
The Advance Diploma (AD)
which consists of the Shipping Business, plus minimum one optional module.
AD can be elected when the candidates are not able to sit all seven modules in one examination period but wish to take the first step towards ICS Membership.
- Student Registration (annual fee): £115 per year (covers both November & May exam periods)
- Exam Fee : £125 per subject (from 13th September 2017 to 3rd April 2018)
- Deadline for post examination review (November 2017 exams): 15th March 2018 Examination review fee: £140 per examination paper
- Final deadline for registration, examination fee £125 per subject (May 2018 Exams): 3rd April 2018
- Deadline for deferment, exam centre or subject changes (May 2017 exams): 10th April 2018
- May 2018 exam results published: 23rd August 2018
Candidates with relevant professional or educational qualifications may apply for exemptions from a maximum of three (3) exams, by submitting the Exemption Application Form and the relevant documentation via www.shipbrokers.org.
Exemption fee per subject: £160.