Tuition fees for 2016/17
- Home/EU students £11,300
- Overseas students £19,500
There are a number of sources of funding available for Masters students.
These include a significant package of competitive Queen Mary bursaries and scholarships in a range of subject areas, as well as external sources of funding.
LLM International Shipping Law (Piraeus, Greece) Partial Scholarships
Two partial scholarships are available for the LLM in International Shipping Law programme taught in Piraeus, Greece, offered by the Centre for Commercial Law Studies and open to Home/EU students only who have received an unconditional offer.
All applications will be assessed on the basis of academic merit, financial need and the submitted personal statement in response to the set question as detailed in the application.
Students holding an offer may apply for the partial scholarship worth £5,500 by submitting a completed application form with a CV and copies of transcripts NO LATER THAN 1pm GMT on 14th August 2017. Students who have not submitted their complete scholarship application by this date will not be considered for funding. It is acceptable to apply if you have not yet taken your English language test or do not have your final academic grades.
For the successful candidate the sum of £5,500 will be deducted from tuition fees payable to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL). S/he may be asked to assist with marketing events such as postgraduate open evenings and/or web/video student profiles.
- Scholarship application deadline: 1pm GMT on 14th August 2017.
- You must have an offer of study in place before you can apply for LLM funding. If you would like to apply for the scholarship your LLM application must reach the admissions no later than 16:00 hrs GMT on 4 August 2017.
How to apply
Students holding a full-time offer should download and complete the LLM International Shipping Law scholarship application form [Word] or [PDF] and submit it, with a CV and copies of transcripts. It is acceptable to apply if you have not yet taken your English language test or do not have your final academic grades.
You must submit:
- A completed LLM Scholarship application form.
- 1,000 word (maximum) statement in response to the text as detailed on the application form.
- Transcripts of your law degree and any other legal qualifications. Please submit relevant, translated copies only.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- 1 x Reference letter (This can be a copy of the reference submitted as part of your LLM application or, if not available to you, you must obtain a reference specifically for this scholarship application). Please do not submit more than one reference letter
School of Law scholarships
The School of Law offers a range of scholarships for Law Masters programmes each year. Full details are made available on the law funding page from October – November each year.
Queen Mary bursaries and scholarships
We offer a range of bursaries and scholarships for Masters students including competitive scholarships, bursaries and awards, some of which are for applicants studying specific subjects.
Read more about funding a masters
Alternative sources of funding
Home/EU students can apply for a range of other funding, such as Professional and Career Development Loans, and Employer Sponsorship, depending on their circumstances and the specific programme of study.
Overseas students may be eligible to apply for a range of external scholarships and we also provide information about relevant funding providers in your home country.
Detailed information about postgraduate funding options is available in our Postgraduate Funding Guide (pdf).
Read more about funding a masters.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 5079
Other financial help on offer at Queen Mary
We offer one to one specialist support on all financial and welfare issues through our Advice and Counselling Service, which you can access as soon as you have applied for a place at Queen Mary.
Our Advice and Counselling Service also has lots of Student Advice Guides on all aspects of finance including:
- Postgraduate Funding (pdf)
- Planning your budget and cutting costs (pdf)
- Part-time and vacation work (pdf)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 8717